Councils depend on a range of vehicles to deliver services and to support their community. From a shuttle bus to the sanitation department’s rubbish truck, protecting these assets is essential to ensuring that the council’s operations run smoothly.
As a CivicRisk Mutual member, you’re covered against loss and damage claims related to your council’s fleet and equipment. Providing support for the repair or recovery of these costs is a fundamental part of any comprehensive risk management strategy and is designed to help your council minimise its exposure to unexpected financial hardship.
How Does It Work?
This protection program provides financial assistance, assessments and claims processing for members that have incurred damage to their council’s motor vehicles — including cars, utilities, light trucks and large plant vehicles.
As with our other protection products, our members can take advantage of a combination of self-insured, group insurance and risk management support services. This approach ensures that you have the right level of cover for your needs and your council is protected against the full range of risk exposures.
Value-Added Services and Benefits From CivicRisk Mutual
We set up our members for success by providing them with the right tools, resources and support to help manage their risk. In addition to offering motor vehicle protection, we’ve introduced a number of value-added services that work toward our common goal of making communities safer. These include:
- A mutual-funded property valuation service that includes a comprehensive onsite review every four years and annual desktop audits.
- Risk engineering surveys, expertise and advice to help protect assets as well as assist in building designs.
- An array of exceptional service providers with ultra-fast response times.
- Professional development tailored to your needs, based on risk assessment and claims experience.
- Mutual funding and grants that are available on an annual basis.
- Facility risk surveys conducted by professionals.
- Access to a wealth of risk management resources, including claim manuals and guidebooks through our Member Portal.
- Collaboration with government agencies and industry leaders.
Hear What Our Members Are Saying
The generous funding grants from CivicRisk Mutual have allowed us to develop a plan to educate and test the competence of all our drivers and to purchase a contractor management module. This funding has prevented lengthy delays in addressing the two issues which constitute a risk to Council operations.
Geoff HoadChief Safety Officer, Blacktown City Council
Join CivicRisk Mutual
Members rely on us to help them get through tough times, so they can continue doing what they do best — serving their communities.