Part of a council’s core duties are to run events and activities that bring people together and improve their quality life. However, while these activities should be fun and enjoyed by all, it’s also important to be protected against the risks associated with them. That’s where CivicRisk Mutual comes in.
When you become a member, you can rely on our expertise to provide you with bespoke protection services that are designed with the unique needs of local government in mind.
How Does It Work?
CivicRisk’s community support protection program provides financial assistance for individuals, stallholders, performers and other groups who have suffered a loss or injury while participating in community events or activities organised by their council.
As with our other protection products, our members can take advantage of a combination of self-insured, group insurance and risk management support services. This approach ensures that your council is protected against a broad range of risks and that each claim is effectively processed and settled.
Value-Added Services and Benefits From CivicRisk Mutual
We set up our members for success by providing them with the right tools, resources and support to help manage their risk. In addition to offering community support protection, we’ve introduced a number of value-added services that work toward our common goal of making communities safer. These include:
- An array of exceptional service providers with ultra-fast response times.
- Professional development tailored to your needs, based on risk assessment and claims experience.
- Mutual funding and grants that are available on an annual basis.
- Facility risk surveys conducted by professionals.
- Access to a wealth of risk management resources, including claim manuals and guidebooks through our Member Portal.
- Collaboration with government agencies and industry leaders.
Hear What Our Members Are Saying
WTW insight into the world of insurance and covering off on a range of areas for our event organisers was greatly appreciated.
Wendy Dollan & Rhianna ReidBMCC Events Team, Blue Mountains City Council
Join CivicRisk Mutual
Members rely on us to help them get through tough times, so they can continue doing what they do best — serving their communities.