We’re living in a connected world, where our devices and services are increasingly vulnerable to cyber attacks and data breaches. For councils, the effects of these threats can be devastating — from disruption to services to financial losses and reputational damage.
As a CivicRisk Mutual member, you can rely on our expertise to provide you with bespoke cyber protection services that are designed to help local governments reduce and manage risk in a cost-effective manner.
How Does It Work?
CivicRisk’s cyber protection program provides financial assistance and claims processing for councils who have suffered loss from a cyber attack, data breach or other IT-related incidents — enabling you to recover with minimal disruptions and continue to operate your council effectively.
As with our other protection products, our members can take advantage of a combination of self-insured, group insurance and risk management support services. This comprehensive approach ensures that you have the right level of cover for your needs and your council is protected against the full range of risk exposures.
Value-Added Services and Benefits From CivicRisk Mutual
We set up our members for success by providing them with the right tools, resources and support to help manage their risk. In addition to offering cyber protection, we’ve introduced a number of value-added services that work toward our common goal of making communities safer. These include:
- An array of exceptional service providers with ultra-fast response times.
- Professional development tailored to your needs, based on risk assessment and claims experience.
- Mutual funding and grants that are available on an annual basis.
- Facility risk surveys conducted by professionals.
- Access to a wealth of risk management resources, including claim manuals and guidebooks through our Member Portal.
- Collaboration with government agencies and industry leaders.
Hear What Our Members Are Saying
It’s a real mutual with transparency, sharing of experiences and lessons learned between members, and the focus on risk management to reduce costs.
Steve NavenChief Financial Officer, Willoughby City Council
Join CivicRisk Mutual
Members rely on us to help them get through tough times, so they can continue doing what they do best — serving their communities.