Natural disasters, accidents and crime can all have a devastating impact on property. Our goal is for councils to be able to focus on the essential services they provide without worrying about the financial implications of damage to their physical assets — including plant and machinery, office premises and equipment.
When you partner with CivicRisk, you can rely on our expertise to provide you with tailored property protection services that are designed to help you reduce and manage risk in a cost-effective manner.
How Does It Work?
CivicRisk’s property protection program provides financial assistance, assessments and claims processing for councils that have suffered damage to their assets. We cover damage to buildings, public spaces, infrastructure and more — helping you recover quickly from any incident without posing a financial burden on your organisation.
As with our other protection products, our members can take advantage of a combination of self-insured, group insurance and risk management support services. This approach ensures that you have the right level of cover for your needs and your council is protected against the full range of risk exposures.
Value-Added Services and Benefits From CivicRisk Mutual
We set up our members for success by providing them with the right tools, resources and support to help manage their risk. In addition to offering property protection, we’ve introduced a number of value-added services that work toward our common goal of making communities safer. These include:
- A mutual-funded property valuation service that includes a comprehensive onsite review every four years and annual desktop audits.
- Risk engineering surveys, expertise and advice to help protect assets as well as assist in building designs.
- An array of exceptional service providers with ultra-fast response times.
- Professional development tailored to your needs, based on risk assessment and claims experience.
- Mutual funding and grants that are available on an annual basis.
- Facility risk surveys conducted by professionals.
- Access to a wealth of risk management resources, including claim manuals and guidebooks through our Member Portal.
- Collaboration with government agencies and industry leaders.
Hear What Our Members Are Saying
Our Council thanks CivicRisk Mutual for the support offered in expediting insurance claims to enable the timely commencement of repairs to community facilities and infrastructure. We also thank Mutual representatives for taking the time to visit the Richmond Valley.
Vaughan MacdonaldGeneral Manager, Richmond Valley Council
Join CivicRisk Mutual
Members rely on us to help them get through tough times, so they can continue doing what they do best — serving their communities.