Councils are responsible for ensuring that public spaces are safe for everyone in the community to use. However, despite best practices and safety protocols, accidents can still happen. When they do, it’s vital that you have the right public liability protection in place.
As a CivicRisk Member, you can rest assured that your organisation will be protected in the event of a claim.
How Does It Work?
CivicRisk’s public liability protection program provides financial assistance for legal advice and claims for personal injury, property damage and economic loss incurred to another person or property from council activity or assets. That way, we reduce financial uncertainty and make unexpected costs easier to manage.
As with our other protection products, our members can take advantage of a combination of self-insured, group insurance and risk management support services. This approach ensures you’re protected against public liability claims at all times while granting you access to expert advice.
Value-Added Services and Benefits From CivicRisk Mutual
We set up our members for success by providing them with the right tools, resources and support to help manage their risk. In addition to offering public liability protection, we’ve introduced a number of value-added services that work toward our common goal of making communities safer. These include:
- An array of exceptional service providers with ultra-fast response times.
- Professional development tailored to your needs, based on risk assessment and claims experience.
- Mutual funding and grants that are available on an annual basis.
- Facility risk surveys conducted by professionals.
- Access to a wealth of risk management resources, including claim manuals and guidebooks through our Member Portal.
- Collaboration with government agencies and industry leaders.
Hear What Our Members Are Saying
The claims management team helped us navigate our small and large claims. We are so grateful for their guidance, advice and excellent service. They are well-liked by our Council, including the management, who have complete trust in them.
Anonymous Survey Response
Join CivicRisk Mutual
Members rely on us to help them get through tough times, so they can continue doing what they do best — serving their communities.