Although it’s not something most people want to think about, accidents do happen. That’s why it’s vital to have a good level of coverage in place to protect those who may be involved in an incident as a result of council activities.
This is where CivicRisk Mutual comes in. We understand the unique needs of local government and have developed bespoke protection that’s designed to help our members reduce and manage risk in a cost-effective manner.
How Does It Work?
CivicRisk’s personal accident protection program provides financial assistance for councillors, employees and volunteers who have suffered a loss due to a work-related accident. This includes any loss of income, medical expenses and a lump-sum payout in the case of death.
As with our other protection products, our members can take advantage of a combination of self-insured, group insurance and risk management support services. This approach ensures that you are properly protected while allowing you to take advantage of our expertise.
Value-Added Services and Benefits From CivicRisk Mutual
We set up our members for success by providing them with the right tools, resources and support to help manage their risk. In addition to offering personal accident protection, we’ve introduced a number of value-added services that work toward our common goal of making communities safer. These include:
- An array of exceptional service providers with ultra-fast response times.
- Professional development tailored to your needs, based on risk assessment and claims experience.
- Mutual funding and grants that are available on an annual basis.
- Facility risk surveys conducted by professionals.
- Access to a wealth of risk management resources, including claim manuals and guidebooks through our Member Portal.
- Collaboration with government agencies and industry leaders.
Hear What Our Members Are Saying
As a long-term member of CivicRisk Mutual, Blacktown City Council has played an active role in what is a premium example of effective and efficient local government collaboration.
Kerry RobinsonChief Executive Officer, Blacktown City Council
Join CivicRisk Mutual
Members rely on us to help them get through tough times, so they can continue doing what they do best — serving their communities.