The CivicRisk Mutual Excellence in Risk Management Awards Program honours the achievements of our members who rise to the challenge and generate significant impact through their risk management programs and initiatives in any area throughout council in the preceding 12 months.
This program seeks to highlight risk initiatives and reward the efforts of our members for their innovative problem solving, excellence in management and success in creating organisational change which deserves the highest recognition.
Our awards are:
CivicRisk Mutual Risk Excellence Award (Trophy + $3,000 grant)
Recognises the member that has made a significant contribution to the Mutual and fellow members through implementing and embedding advanced risk management within their council.
Les Emerson Claims Management Award (Trophy + $2,000 grant)
Recognises the member that has improved the claims performance or reduced the claims risk exposure within their council.
WTW Risk Management Award (Trophy + $2,000 grant)
Recognises the member that has made a significant impact on risk management within their council.
Highly Commended Certificates
Recognises member initiatives that have excelled the performance of council in the area of risk or claims management.
The award winners for 2021 are:
- Dubbo Regional Council, CivicRisk Mutual Risk Excellence Award
- NRL Match Event Management
- Blacktown City Council, Les Emerson Claims Management Award
- Headwall Risk Mitigation
- Willoughby City Council, WTW Risk Management Award
- The Concourse – Flammable Cladding Replacement
- Blacktown City Council, Highly Commended Certificate
- Introduction of CCTV on Heavy Vehicles
- Cumberland City Council, Highly Commended Certificate
- Volunteer Risk Analysis, Review & New Supervisors Manual
- Penrith City Council, Highly Commended Certificate
- Legislative Compliance Framework
Other entries that demonstrated risk excellence include:
- Bayside Council, Trees, Pipes & Property Video, Part 2, Community Education with Staff Support
- Bayside Council, New Risk Management, Review of Strategic and Operational Risks
- Blacktown City Council, Enterprise Risk Management Enhancement
- Camden Council, Risk-Based Approach to COVID-19
- Cumberland City Council, Tech One Risk Assessments
- Cumberland City Council, COVID-19 Vaccination Procedure
- Willoughby City Council, Review of Risk Management Framework
Congratulations to all the award winners once again! Only through excellent risk management and the sharing of experiences can members empower each other to greater heights and prosperity.
For more information about the Mutual’s Excellence in Risk Management Awards Program, previous years’ member submissions and application form, please visit our Member Portal.
For more about CivicRisk, contact us.